I ordered a caged bird feeder from Garden Bird Supplies and it came the other day.
It’s great and I’m really pleased with it.
It’s taken the garden birds a day or two to get used to it, but now they flit inside and get the bird food with ease
I am having to replace most of my hanging feeders with caged feeders (when finances allow)
Rooks had learnt to balance on the hanging feeder that did not have a cage round it. They put their beaks through the feeder holes. Squirrels had learnt to hop along the washing line (the feeder without a cage was hung in the middle of an old long washing line). So I definitely needed another caged feeder
I definitely do not to feed squirrels and rooks!
I would recommend this new caged feeder.
- It comes with a matching hanging bracket.
- It is sturdy andstrong.
- Birds must feed safe within the cage
- The lid is chained to the feeder so will not get lost
- The Feedsafe’s heavy steel bars combine a traditional ‘parrot cage’ design with impregnability to most squirrels and large birds.
- 7″ in diameter,
- the Feedsafe’s bars enclose a strong polycarbonate tube
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE FEEDER CLICK THE LINK BELOW
I still have to have a makeshift feeder so that the blackbirds can get at some birdfood but this caged feeder will serve me well for years.
Hanging feeders are great but I still put bird food on the ground feeder for the ground feeding birds that visit.