I have seen a lot of birds in my garden and think it has become a safe haven to some of the birds that visit. A lot of garden birds use the feeders every day, other birds just walk through on their way to the farm pond, some gather at the edge of the pond – different species of birds enjoying the water together.
Here’s a list –
- House Sparrows
- Tree Sparrows
- Tawny Owl – He was ill and resting in a corner of the garden
- Blue Tits
- Great Tits
- Coal Tits
- Ducks -on the garden pond
- Rooks – We have a rookery nearby
- Ravens – very shiny black and confident
Flying over the garden we have
- Barn Owls – They can be seen round and about, but have not yet used the barn owl box we put up a few years ago
- Wild Geese – they can be heard as well as seen. Their calls as they fly over on a dark night sometimes fill the night air.
In The Fields Round About
- Barn Owls
- Groups of birds seem to settle in the fields sometimes – cannot see what birds they are
There must be some I have missed and I don’t not know the differences between the types of finches, but I sometimes think there are more birds in this area than there are people!