Now is a good time to put up a nest box. It gives birds somewhere to roosts on a night and is ready for Spring when they will use it for nesting.
I’ve been finding out about Cedar Wood Nest Boxes and they seem really good.
- Cedar Wood Nest Boxes need little maintenance and last a long time
- Cedar Wood has good insulation properties. This means cedar wood nest boxes will be warmer. A warmer nest box is better for the young, newly hatched chicks.
- A bird that roosts in a relatively warm cedar wood nestbox will be in good condition when Spring arrives and means they willhave more energy to feed themselves and their young.
- Warmer nest boxes encourage birds to lay their eggs earlier and this gives the clutch a better chance of surviving.
- No varnishing or preservative treatments need to be used on the nest box.
To find our more click the link below