This hanging bird feeder is –
- 12 inches tall
- Holds about 600 g of seed
- hangs freely from branches or a hook
This robust bird feeder has a
- large central food holder
- frame that deters squirrels and larger birds and so allows smaller birds to feed easily.
This ‘birdcage’ style feeder lets small garden birds slip through the bars to feed.
It is –
- strong – the top, bars and base are netal
- easy to fill
Metal bars keeps squirrels out which is one reason I invested in this feeder. It also keeps large birds out such as pigeons.
It will last years and is ideal for attracting small birds.
The feed tube in the centre is surrounded and protected by a metal roof, bars and base.
- Feed tray at the base of the feeder
- The clear plastic tube lets bird seed flow into the tray.
- There are drainage holes in the tray.
- The lock-on lid which is chained on keeps squirrels out and yet is easy for me to fill.
- The clear plastic feed tube has one opening at the base of the feeder. This means the whole transparant feed tube will keep the seed dry.
RESULT / HOW I TESTED THIS HANGING BARREL SEED FEEDER –
I hung this bird feeder from a branch on a tree. It was sheltered from the bad weather and a variety of birds used it
Unfortunately larger birds such as crows and rooks used it as well. A black agile crow clung to a branch, stretched its body out and put its beak through the bars. It managed to get at the feed. For this reason I had to move it to an open position
Produced in China – it would be nice if we could produce something similar here in Britain. I’m sure there’s such a lot of people who have the knowledge.